- Sale position will not be confirmed until entry fee is paid. Unpaid entries will be eligible for cancellation without notice at the discretion of Resold Auction Services.
- Choice of sale position is based on a first come, first serve basis as entries are reserved. However, Resold Auction Services reserves the right to alter the placement of vehicles at our discretion. Auction run times are estimates only and are not guaranteed.
- If an auction entry is cancelled within 5 days of the original entry, the fee will be refunded minus a $25 handling fee. After 5 days, no refunds or credits will be issued for cancelled entries.
- Once a vehicle is announced and the paperwork is submitted, there will be a $100 service fee if you change vehicles (if changeable position).
- Vehicles with liens must be pre-approved by the auction office and must in all cases be accompanied by a letter from the lien holder stating the lien release conditions and payoff amount. A $100 lien-processing fee will be assessed.
- Resold Auction Services is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged properties; or for any and all liabilities.
- Resold Auction Services will supply an area for vehicles that do not reach agreeable selling prices so as to endeavor to secure a proper buyer for the seller/consignor.
- Resold Auction Services pays the seller after payment is received, confirmed and cleared from the buyer. In the event of a Wire Transfer, payment may not arrive until the first business day after the auction. Seller checks are then mailed within 5-7 business days. Resold Auction Services will not release vehicle to buyer until payment is received.
- Should either the buyer or seller default on any part of the transaction, Resold Auction Services shall remain entitled to any and all fees and commissions by the defaulting party.
- Resold Auction Services is entitled to its commission on any vehicle sold up to 21 days after said event.
- Resold Auction Services shall be entitled to Attorney's fees incurred in the enforcement of this contract.
- Performance Agreement: Failure of the declared consigned vehicle to be present for contracted Resold Auction Services on assigned day will result in financial relief to Resold Auction Services in the amount of 8% of stated reserve price or fair market value (if no reserve).
- Vehicles identified as having "matching numbers" may have additional seller requirements. Review the "matching numbers" forms for additional information.
- Positions/lot numbers are the property of Resold Auction Services and CANNOT be reassigned by a seller.
- Choice of Law and Venue. To the fullest extent permitted by law and notwithstanding any other provision contained herein, Consignor/Purchaser agrees that the maximum extent of liability of Resold Auction Services. Shall be equal to the commission actually earned on the sale of the vehicle or Lot that is the subject of the dispute. This agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, laws of the State of Minnesota without giving effect of any choice or conflict of law provision or rule that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota. The seller/consignor irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of the State of Minnesota, Circuit Court of Clay County, over any dispute arising out of, or relating in any way, to this agreement or to the transaction(s) to which it relates. The seller/consignor irrevocably agrees that all claims shall be heard and determined in such court. The seller/consignor irrevocably waives, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any objection or defense which he, she or it may now have, or come to have, regarding the inconvenience of this forum.
- The auctioneer has the right to place a bid for consignor up to the reserve amount. Under no circumstances will the auctioneer place a bid on behalf of the consignor above the reserve amount.
- Vehicles/items must be removed from the auction site within 48 hours of the auction end. They are the responsibility of the owner and if not removed, may be removed and stored at owner's expense.
TITLE / VIN / VIN TAG / ID STAMPINGS
- The actual title is required in advance of the auction.
- The exception to a title not sent in advance is a title held by a lending institution having a lien. A $100 lien fee will be assessed for any title or letter of intended lien release not presented at the auction.
- Titles must be negotiable. Dealers must have space on the title to re-assign it. Individuals must have the vehicle titled in their name. Payment is made to the name on the title. An open title, which is one not in your name, is not acceptable. On non-negotiable titles, funds to the seller will be held until proper title is provided. Any title requiring a correction will be assessed a $100 title correction fee.
- Seller agrees that he/she is responsible for any previous tax or title obligations on said vehicle and is responsible to provide purchaser with a proper document of sale.
- Serial/VIN/ID numbers on entered vehicles must match Serial/VIN on the title. VEHICLES WITHOUT A VIN OR INCORRECT VIN WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE SALE. Please check your serial number prior to coming to the sale, especially Model A's and Street Rods, to avoid complications. Our staff can assist you on titles with typographical errors. Homemade VIN's (those not issued or stamped by the manufacturer) may be subject to additional requirements. Entry fees will not be refunded on vehicles rejected on sale day. If you have any questions regarding this, especially VIN tags or stampings, contact the Resold Auctions office before the auction.
- YOU MUST VERIFY VEHICLES VIN BEFORE THE AUCTION
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)/Serial Number (PHOTO REQUIRED)
A VIN/Serial Number that matches the title/registration EXACTLY must be provided prior to the auction. As part of Mecum Auction's pre-auction preparation, we will need a digital photo of the VIN or Serial Number on your vehicle. Photos taken with the camera on your phone will usually be sufficient and can easily be emailed to our office.
If the VIN/Serial Number does not match the Title/Registration it will need to be corrected by your local Department of Motor Vehicles prior to the auction.
Please contact us if you have any questions related to VIN/Serial Numbers or Titles/Registration at 218-238-5858